Clinical Services Stanley Ear Nose Throat & Sinus Centre
Solitary Thyroid Nodule
FNAC Thyroid Nodule
- Lumps or swellings in the thyroid gland are common.
- It can be a solitary nodule, multinodular goiter or a diffusely enlarged thyroid.
- For solitary / multinodular goitres, a Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology (FNAC) is necessary and done as shown.
- A comprehensive thyroid screen blood test and ultra-sound of the thyroid and FNAC are necessary.
- From these investigations, a decision will be taken whether a radioactive iodine scan is to be performed.
- All these investigations will determine whether a thyroidectomy is necessary for biopsy and definitive treatment.